Trogon bird 2004 - One day after Earth Day

Trogon bird 2004 - One day after Earth Day

Trogon bird - One day after Earth Day

In 2004 my wife and I were Travel nurses later on Our career totaled up of 13 years throughout the western and the south western United States. But at that time we were in Tucson, Az and lived up in the foothill area by the Catalina Mountains. Absolutely beautiful back then. Love the high desert. Unfortunately it’s been ruined by urban sprawl since that time as of 2010. 

But I was walking around in the neighborhood I looked up in the sycamore tree yes there are sycamore trees in the foothills of Tucson Arizona up by the mountains it’s cooler tha n on the desert floor. The sycamore tree was 30 yards north of the apartment we were renting.Anyhow I looked up in the tree and there unmistakably looking out over me enjoying the view and I think He looked down on me a little bit was a TROGON. This is a bucket list bird on anybody’s list and here I was blessed to be seeing one 15 feet above me. (pause right now and look it up on the Internet and you’ll understand why my jaw dropped! ) I shared this wonderful experience about 2 weeks later in a local birdseed shop. The manager at the time totally discounted it and said that it was not possible. I told him yes it happened to me. (You can’t deal with arrogance folks no matter what Avenue of life They are at,until they are happily humbled by God as-they live their lives. And have their eyes open to possibilities.) 

 About 2 weeks after that I saw another Trogon happily flitting from one tree to the next in the same general area. North and east of Tucson. Trogons migrate up from Mexico through the canyon draws up into Arizona in the winter time. So I just wanted to share this happy experience and maybe there’s a lesson in humility for all of us to learn -God does things whatever He wants wherever He wants whenever He wants and maybe you’ll be the one that’s blessed. Stay humble. Your birder friend , Marc

Commenti